The key results of a survey by WISE regarding the future of education include:
• Innovation in education is highly-valued – almost all of respondents favor schools that implement innovative methods based on new teaching approaches and creative processes.
• Almost half of the respondents ranked online content provided by private individuals and/or institutions as the most important source of knowledge.
• Academic knowledge will not be the most valuable type of knowledge anymore.
• School diplomas assessing academic skills will be challenged by company certifications, with both becoming equally important.
• Teaching and learning will undergo fundamental changes.
• Education will become a lifelong endeavor.
World Innovation Summit for Education (2014). 2014 WISE survey: “School in 2030”. Doha, Qatar: World Innovation Summit for Education. https://www.wise-qatar.org/sites/default/files/wise-survey-school-in-2030.pdf