The 2011 Speak Up Project results show how K-12 students tap into a wide range of tech tools for personalized learning — both in and out of school. Parents support digital learning to prepare their children for the future. See how technology enables new and customized learning that is socially-based, un-tethered and digitally-rich.
Key findings include:
- Over 1 in 3 parents would recommend online classes to improve student performance.
- Roughly half of high school students have used Facebook as a collaborative learning tool.
- Two thirds of administrators are unlikely to allow personal mobile devices for learning.
- Two thirds of parents would buy a mobile device for their child if the school used them for learning.
- Over half of 6th-12th graders Reluctance want to use their own mobile device for school.
Speak Up (2011). Speak Up 2011 national research project. Irvine, CA: https://www.tomorrow.org/speakup/pdfs/Infographic_PersonalizedLearning2012.pdf